Friday, September 30, 2011

Talkin' about DS

So, any of my blog readers who have been reading me for a while probably know that I am a big fan of Denyse Schmidt's fabrics.  I first fell in love when I became acquainted with her line Flea Market Fancy, which has been bought, traded and coveted by many sewers over the last few years.  We begged and begged for a reprint and now it is finally happening.  The sads news though is that there will be less than half of the original two collections in the reprint.  And a few of the favorites, at least my favorites, like blue eyelets and blue leaves will not be in the reprint.  However, there will be two new ones added to the mix--grey posies and grey leaves!  And there will be grey eyelets again as well.  You can find a link for the photo of the ones to be reprinted here.

Denyse Schmidt has also had some new lines out with Jo-Ann's and Spotlight (here in Australia) called Picnic and Fairgrounds, Sugar Creek, Winding Road (exclusive to Spotlight)  and new to be released next month Salty Aire (exclusive to Spotlight).  You can find the sneak peak for Salty Aire here

I can tell you that I am excited that we are getting so many fabrics from Denyse.   Her fabrics are usually my first picks from my fabric stash.  So, it is no surprise that I decided that signing up for my very first doll quilt swap that it should be the Denyse Schmidt Doll Quilt Swap!  I pulled these fabrics out from my stash this morning with the intention of making a mini circle of geese quilt for my partner.  I reduced the paper piecing pattern I have to doll size and plan to make 4 circles.  This will be my first attempt at making anything so small!!!  LOL.  That will be something new for me!!!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Thanks for the links! I've been wondering which ones would be reprinted as I have yardage of a couple that I wanted to sell, and if they were being reprinted they'd be almost worthless - but they're not! Woo Hoo! lol! I love the lines you're getting in Spotlight - lucky things!

Jen said...

My favourite shop owner talked to her Free Spirit Rep and she thinks that the picture that you link to is not representative of what is actually going to be reprinted (she suspects that the pic is a stack of some of the new fabrics and some of the old ones.) She thinks that what is going to be reprinted is this:
BOUQUET - grey, blue, green, gold, pink
DOTTED LEAF - red, blue, brown, green, grey, pink
POSIE - blue, brown, pink, gold, green, yellow, grey
EYELET (seeds) - grey, pink, blue, green, gold

I guess all we can do is wait and see...

Jeannette Bruce said...

Unfortunately it was confirmed by Denyse herself that the blue eyelets will not be reprinted. You can read about it on her facebook page...

Meg said...

I saw the bit on Denyse's facebook page about there being no blue seeds or leaves in this incarnation. BUT! There are apparently 20 SKUs to this printing, and only 19 fabrics in the ad shot, so I have to wonder what there still might be in this printing--I can't wait til we find out at Market!

Total Pageviews