Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birds of a Feather


This is the latest quilt that I have been working on. It's a pattern from the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I just absolutely loved the one in the magazine and so have made it using Denyse Schmidt fabrics Flea Market Fancy and Katie Jump Rope. It was really fun to do the applique--I used a blanket stitch. Now to quilt it! I am going to try something new and have a go at free motion quilting. Yikes, I hope I don't ruin it. Actually, I like this quilt so much that I am thinking about doing it again with different background colors and giving them as gifts. So, hopefully I will get a bit of practice with the free motion quilting. The quilt only measures 36"X45" so it should be easy enough to handle in the sewing machine. I hope...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks great! your fabrics work so well on the blue background. Good luck with the quilting~

Anonymous said...

What month's issue did you find this in? Could you email me and let me know? I love it! Thank you!

wishes, true and kind said...

So cute! I love the turquoise background!

joan

Joanna said...

I am so in love with this quilt - your fabric choices are divine!! I remember this one in the magazine...I need to find it and make it!! Can't wait to see it all done!

Jodie said...

I have admired this quilt in the magazine as well. Love your color choices and I hope someday to make this quilt as well. Thanks for sharing.

sewtakeahike said...

what a sweet quilt!! katie jump rope and flea market fancy look SO good together!

Total Pageviews