Saturday, October 31, 2009
No Luck with the Bleeding Quilt!
I thought I would show you what happened with the quilt I made that ending up bleeding on me when I washed it. I'm so frustrated by this as this quilt was intended to be a gift for a friend. I used synthrapol to try and get the bleeding out and that didn't work. Then I purchased some Dylon and that didn't work either. If you click on the picture you will see in greater detail that some of the fabrics bled. All the fabrics that bled were Japanese, so I don't know what that means, but I assume they have a different manufacturing process. Anyway, chalk this one up to a learning experience and move on. I'll use this one when we go to the beach or something, I guess.
I just wanted to add another picture to this post to show you a close-up of the quilt. A couple of you mentioned that you can't tell that it bled. Here in the first photo you can see the pigs, robots and cars all bled. I'm not sure if they were all by one manufacturer or not. Some were Kokka, but not sure if all were. But, it's the fault of the red backing--that will teach me not to use a Kona solid (or Moda Bella)!!!