Sunday, November 4, 2012

Can You Guess What this is Going To Be?


I've been very busy this weekend quilting up many customer quilts as we are unexpectedly shearing a few weeks earlier than planned this year.  I often get a lot of personal sewing in while I'm waiting for rows to sew out on the machine.  This is what I accomplished!  Yes, another Lone Star--they are so fast to make with the Quiltsmart interfacing.  Can you guess what this is going to be?  Well, its intended use will look more like the second photo than the first.

Yep.  You guessed it.  It's going to be a Christmas tree skirt.  I've been wanting to dress the house up and be a bit more festive for a few years now.  Although I've had this stack of red/green fabrics sitting in my sewing room for over 6 months, I still feel like I'm ahead of schedule on this one.  I am hoping to find time to do up our kitchen table with something festive as well as make stockings for each of the 4 of us.  I hope this is not all just wishful thinking.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow that looks so cool! Very envious of how much sewing you manage to fit in. How do you do it? I basted 16 hexagons and called that a success :-/ Yes you must make some stockings!!

Deborah said...

Stunning! Just beautiful!!

anne said...

Wow that quilt skirt is awesome. What is quiltsmart interfacing and how do you use it?

beth said...

It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

WOW!! wonderful, being blonde, but does the tree sit on the skirt, only ones I have seen before have an opening....I have had 4 glasses of wine, (OK its 11.30 at night here in the UK!)

Total Pageviews