Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What I'm up to Today




 Just thought I'd pop in today and show you what I'm working on today.  Lately I think I have only been posting finished quilts and not showing you that I'm actually slowly plugging away at the process of making them.  This Lonestar is for a good friend of mine who was my support during the birth of Oliver.  As you can see in the photos, Oliver is not a tiny baby anymore and I've been tardy in getting this quilt together as a thank you to her for her support!  She is known for her lavender knowledge as a grower/oil producer etc, hence I really wanted to make lavender be the main color.  These are very much her colors and I hope she will like it!

We have been very fortunate that the weather has cooperated with us so that we could have our silage cut and bundled this week.  The boys have been very enthusiastic with the work of silage making as it involves big machinery.  Boys and their machines!!!  This is definitely a nice time of the year weather wise, but we are back to long daylight hours which means more work hours.  Summer is a busy time on the farm---not that any time on the farm is ever not busy though...


6 comments:

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors you chose.
Your friend will be a lucky girl! :-)

Schulz Family said...

Your friend must be fantastic. That is an amazing quilt to giveaway. I really like to see progress blog posts

Jeannette said...

What a lovely gift!! The boys are so grown up!!! and handsome as can be :-) I think their hats make them look like little men. I wished I lived on a farm!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I love the colors in your lonestar, what an amazing gift! Your boys are so cute - love the photo of them holding hands (you're making me wish mine would do that!)

Annabella said...

The lonestar quilt top is stunning and the kids look so great!

Kirsten said...

Your lonestar is absolutely stunning - love the pretty colours you are using!

Total Pageviews