Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Ironing Board Cover

Both my husband and my best friend have told me that I would make a great tester for companies wanting to test out the hardiness of their products.  I have a tendency to wear things out fast.  I determined today that I better get a new ironing board cover after my "fancy schmancy" one bit the dust.  It really did look ok about two weeks ago, but I find they die quickly once they rip through.  This one was only about a year old.  I ordered it from a lady here in Australia who sells them at a way too pricey cost.  What I like about them is the clipping system that allows you to secure it on tightly to the board.  So, I decided today I would have a go at making one myself.  I cut out all the hardware (elastic is hardware?) and used some of my Ruby Star Rising reels that were hiding in my stash.  Ha, my sewing wasn't perfect, but the imperfect parts are hidden so it doesn't matter.  What matters is that I have a brand new cover that I adore and made myself!

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Only because you said, "I ordered it from a lady here in Australia who sells them at a way too pricey cost."

How much do you think the Ruby one costs? (I only ask because I had profound sticker shock when I looked at that Ruby fabric.)

Alli said...

Your ironing cover is cute! :)

Sandra Kaye said...

I like the happy color of your iron cover..To cute!! Hugs--Sandie

Unknown said...

I have been meaning to recover my ironing board and I have to say I LOVE the fabric you chose for yours. Thanks for the inspiration!

Clair said...

Oh! I love that ironing board cover.

Sarah said...

I have been looking for a new ironing board cover for some time, and have not found one that is 'happy' enough! Guess I will have to make one myself also! Thanks for the post!

Total Pageviews