Friday, June 10, 2011

Sewing For the SUTK Swap On a Cold and Rainy Day


Ok, so I just have to say that I am NOT a good three dimensional sewer. I seem to make so many mistakes in my execution.  Often, it's directional mistakes.  These are the gloves/oven mitts I made for the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap.  They were very time consuming, which I didn't quite expect when I started out. It took me as much time to sew these little guys up as to sew up a quilt top.  And there are a ton of mistakes, but I did the best I think I am capable of at the moment.  I do love them and wouldn't mind them for myself.  I don't mind showing these now as I know my partner doesn't read this blog, but I'm fairly positive that she will like them too.  In my opinion the colors will go well in her kitchen.  I really enjoyed making them as I learned a lot and was able to stretch myself a bit in deciding what to make. If I have a little more time before the mailing due date I might add a trivet into the mix as well...  Trivets are always useful.

Can you see what sort of weather we are having today?  It's very cold, very wet and windy. We are all indoors today, making messes, cooking and not getting very much done.  I do love days like this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those oven mitts!

Lara said...

Very cool. Love them.

Unknown said...

Well I think they look great! nicely done. I would put them to great use!

Total Pageviews