Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Prints Charming Quilt


I thought it was about time I did another quilt, so yesterday I started this small quilt kit I bought from the Ice House Quilt Shop in Greyling, Michigan. I love that quilt store, definitely one of the best in Michigan! Anyway, I finished up the top this morning and here is what it looks like. You can download the pattern from the Freespirit site. This fabric is actually made here in Australia--it's very nice, but I do find it unfair that it costs almost three times as much over here than what I paid in Michigan. Shouldn't it be the other way around if it is made here? I will do the binding of this quilt in one of the black fabrics, thus it will show a black border all the way around. Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

What a cheerful pattern!

Jenni said...

I think the Prints Charming fabric was originally from Sydney when they were screen printing it themselves ( I have a little bit of it) but now it is being made by one of the big companies, so I would think it is made in China or somewhere now. All fabric here in OZ is 3-4 times the cost compared to the US. It's a scandal, so I only buy fabric online from the US now. I just can't part with A$24 when I know I can pay US$4-6 for exactly the same thing, and it arrives at my door in under 10 days!

Cathie said...

What a lovely farmhouse. What lovely sheep. And what a lovely red, black and white quilt you have made! Your blog is delightful an what a charmed life you must lead over there in Austrailia. You are truly blessed!!!

Total Pageviews