Monday, October 29, 2007

Boxer Shorts


This is a pair of boxer shorts I made yesterday for dh. I used a pattern from Simplicity (9958) to make them, but I was not very excited about the pattern. First of all, the directions were not very detailed and hard to follow. Second of all, they came out a looking a little, hmmm.... how shall I say.... dorky on dh. Maybe a little high waisted and too much material making his legs look a bit stick like. Maybe this pattern would be great on a bigger guy. So, anyway, now that I get the idea of how to make a pair, I might make a template from one of his better fitting boxers and then see if I can make a better pair. This will be an interesting challenge for me as I have never tried copying something before.

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I have to smile at your description of your DH's legs and that the shorts make him look dorky. LOL Doesn't exactly look sexy then eh? Better luck next time :o)

floribunda said...

I'm so glad my DH doesn't wear boxers! Then I'd feel obliged to try making them, and I'd be in the same boat as you... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Jim says try making women's bikinis:)

Total Pageviews