Saturday, July 5, 2014

DS Wonky Quilt Finish


This is a quilt that I have had nearly finished for a long time.  Like many of my quilts, I finish attaching the binding and then it sits in the corner waiting for me to get to the hand sewing part.  I like the hand sewing, but usually when I have time at night to do it I am way too tired!  This particularly quilt was hard to motivate myself to do the last bit as I had completely lost interest in the quilt.  I'm not sure why, but once I finished the binding, I started to like it again.  It has a certain freshness about it that I am liking again.  I have plans to give this one away, but it is now going to be harder than I thought!  Do you also go through a process of liking, not liking and then liking your projects again?  Heh heh, sometimes my projects stay not liked too. 

Happy Fourth of July everyone in the States!  It's also the day we were married, but here in Australia it's tomorrow, so we celebrated yesterday.  Did you follow that?  I'm having a bit of a laugh as I write this because I'm always getting my celebration wishes, birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc a day late since Australia's time zone is ahead of North America.  :)

9 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Fab quilt.

Leanne said...

That quilt is beautiful. well done. Happy Anniversary to,

Karen said...

I love the straight sashings against the wonky squares. Yes I also go through stages of feeling a "bleh" about a quilt I am working on. I changed 2 things that help me get my quilts done slightly quicker. When I need to attach a label I do that before I start quilting and I have also converted to machining my binding totally. I Love Rita's tutorial (Red Pepper Quilts). It works for me every time. I love that. Also some quilts need to mature before they "come out"/make their debut.

Jill said...

This is a refreshing wonky quilt. I usually tire of my projects by the time they are finished. Possibly because I have worked and looked at them for so long as I tend to be a slow stitcher.

Jeannette said...

I love the quilt as I do most things you make ;-) I am ashamed to say but I have a couple of quilts ready to sew binding on them myself! I can't seem to finish my steam punk either.

Happy Anniversary!!

Ann said...

Happy anniversary!
And yes, i go through love/hate relationships with my quilt projects. I like yours however.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

It look great! An anniversary pressie to yourself? I sometimes have to put tops away to 'mature' until I like them again. For me binding is seasonal - I don't in the summer as the heat from having it on my lap spoils any fun! So the pile grows in the summer and reduces in the winter!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracie said...

Love this. Do you have a tutorial or pattern link for this quilt?

Total Pageviews