Friday, July 11, 2014

Courthouse Blues Quilt





A few months ago Down Under Quilts asked if I would make a blue and white quilt for their Blue and White issue #164.  I thought it was a perfect chance for me to get back to a simpler colour scheme than the usual multi colour scrappy look that I tend to go for.  I decided to make something completely bold and geometrical using solids and a simple classic block, "Courthouse" to make this quilt.  By the way, I've just realized that it is very very tricky to photograph, but you get the idea.  It's now back home and is now the personal quilt of my second son who declared that this is mommy's bestest quilt because it is blue which is his favourite colour. 

5 comments:

ES said...

I like this quilt it looks fab!

pforgerson said...

Wow you have been busy. I love all of your quilts

Rosa said...

It`s just stunning!!

QuarterMileQuilts said...

Fabulous! Great job with this quilt. Best, Kate

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I love this! I'm trying to get my head round it as it's different to usual, have you twisted the blocks in alternate columns?

Total Pageviews