I finished sewing down the binding of my Butterfly Spool quilt, so I can finally show it to you now. It was a bit of an optical illusion looking at it over and over. The quilting over the stripes really got my eyes going in and out of focus. The border is a recent stripe fabric by Suzuko Koseki and for the binding I used a black pin dot fabric.
In case you are wondering, I did paper piece all of these blocks as I found it to be quicker and more accurate for my style of sewing. Each block measures five inches. This was definitely a stash busting sort of quilt or maybe I really should say that it made a mess out of my stash as I searched for a different print for each of the 256 blocks that went into this quilt.
If you are inspired to make a similar quilt, please check out our Flickr group here.