Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Peek of Echino


I've been working so diligently at customer quilts over the last few weeks that I thought I would take a break today and quilt up one of my own quilts that I have been gradually working on over the last month or two.  A long while back I signed up for an Echino Swap through Sew Sweetness.  The idea was that we each put in one Echino fabric to be cut up into 10 inch squares.  Then everyone who signed up received back 10 inch squares of different Echino fabrics.  I participated in two swaps and received back many Echino squares.  It took me a long time to decide what to make with them, but when I found these Echino solids at my local quilt shop I finally settled on the idea of making a drunkard's path quilt.  The 10 inch squares worked wonderfully for this purpose! 

I decided to quilt this up in the what I now call the "Denyse Schmidt" quilting pattern.  Easy to quilt, simple and doesn't distract from the piecing--in my opinion.  

9 comments:

kelly said...

that's incredible!!! i can't wait to see it finished!

motherof5 said...

Awesome!

Quiltjane said...

That looks fantastic. I love the figure eight quilting.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Ficou maravilhosa,parabéns.

Monica said...

I absolutely love the colors of that quilt! It just sings!

Kirsten said...

Love this idea Jeanette as I still have all of my echino squares here too. Did you just enlarge the drunkards path pattern to size and I wonder how the Echino would mix with just cotton solids?

Katy Cameron said...

ROFL, as soon as I saw that I thought 'that would be great to use with my swap squares' :oD Can't get Echino solids here mind you...

Danielle said...

Great pattern for the Echinos! And as yo know I'm completely sold on the DS quilting design :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Looks great!

Total Pageviews