Friday, December 30, 2011
Some Quilting Highlights of 2011
1. I would like to start using solids in my work a lot more.
2. I want to check out Jean Wells newest book and have a go at creating an artistic quilt, I especially am interested in quilting in different color threads.
3. I want to try doing some more applique in my quilts---like in my Birds of a Feather quilt...
4. I plan to do a lot more free motion quilting in the next year.
5. And now that I am more confident in free motion quilting I plan to finish many many more of my quilt tops over the next year.
I had also added that I wanted to blog a lot more than I have in previous years and break out of my shell a bit more. I definitely have blogged more, breaking out of my shell, well, a little bit--maybe in a different way than I had expected to. This year I got involved in online Bees and Swaps and that for me was breaking out of my shell. I did use solids a lot more this past year, in particular I took part in the For the Love of Solids Swap. I did purchase Jean Wells's book and did some more free sort of piecing, but have not yet pursued what I really had in mind when I wrote that post. The applique thing never really happened this year either. I did one wall hanging that was a mini of my Birds of a Feather quilt, but that is all. What really took over for me instead was paper piecing, which I hadn't tried previously. I did do a lot of free motion quilting though! I finished many quilts and on top of all that I started my long arm quilting business! Actually, looking back, I didn't expect to do so much in one year--especially when my days are so filled with the boys, but I did! I will write a new list of goals in the New Year...