Friday, November 18, 2011

The Spotty Dotty Quilt

Ok, so here is a quilt that has been nearly finished for about 3 years now and was started nearly 5 years ago?  All I had left to do on it was to sew down the binding, but somehow that never seemed to get done!!  It was also the last of my "almost done but need to sew down the binding yet" stack.  I thought that I better catch up with that since I will have a huge stack of new "just need to do the binding stack" soon.  This particular quilt I actually had sent out to a long arm quilter who did this lovely all over bubble quilting design on it.  I wanted to have her keep in theme with the endless dots on it.  I was originally inspired to make this quilt from one of Kaffe Fassett's earliest quilting books.  He made one using 30's prints, mine was made with Judie Rothermel Civil War fabrics from a line I think was called Scrappy Dots?  Not everyone loves Civil War prints, but I do have a great appreciation for them.

11 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Just beautiful! This would be a great quilt to us an accuquilt GO! Baby. Thank you for posting it. It gives me inspiration.

kelly said...

this is such an awesome mix of modern and traditional! good on you for finally getting the binding done. i sometimes dread that part too.

Leanne said...

Your quilt is wonderful!

Wieke van Keulen said...

Thanks for sharing; it's really beautiful. In Dutch I say TOP!

Katy Cameron said...

This looks fab, love the circle and pinwheel combo

Willeke said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the dots wandering over the blocks.

Alli said...

Yay for your finish! This quilt looks biiig!

Kirsty said...

Love it! A gorgeous combination of circles, squares and triangles, it really speaks to my love of all things geometric. Well done. Was just reading on Wired about a storm raging on Saturn so, looking at your quilt, it seems very cosmic to me - planets and stars. Lol, but that's just me!

Annie said...

Love the look of this quilt! I'm not a fan of civil war prints but this use of them is quite appealing and gives them an all new look about them for me.

Annie said...

Oh, and I just love the name you given the quilt! :-)

SarahZ said...

What an adorable quilt! pinwheels and spots and dots! It is FABULOUS!!!!!

Total Pageviews