Thursday, June 23, 2011

+ and X Block for My Mom

So, I've been thinking about my Japanese + and X quilt and I thought I would add in some special blocks dedicated to special people in my life.  Of course one must then start with one's own mother first!  This is what I came up with for my mom.  It includes a little bit about her hopes and dreams as a younger person (to become a figure skater, to teach French) etc.  I kept the colors of the block simple as she would prefer.  The leaves are for her love of nature and of course she has always said that she loves to cook.  If you look closely (my husband didn't see it) you can find her name and of course the day she was born.  Yes, I do put a lot into each of these blocks!!!

4 comments:

Bluquilt said...

Is your Mum's name 'Mary'? Very clever and I love the fabrics.

Sarah said...

You are so creative. I am trying to figure out how you do it with the little boys. My boys (4 & 2) seem to squelch my sitting time. Do you create with them??

Misty said...

Wow, what a sweet way to celebrate your mom! I love the little clues you put in the block to represent her. I think you are going to really cherish this quilt. Very clever!

Mama Spark said...

Aren't you the cleaver one?? I love these blocks, but this one for your mom is amazing!! Now where is the "My friend Pam" block...hmmm??

Total Pageviews