Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Quilt Made With Neptune


I know I skip around with various quilt projects, but I guess that's just the way I work... I quilt because I love to and because it calms me, so I don't feel the need to come up with self-inflicted requirements as to the way I should do things:) This quilt I have had in the works for months! After I finished making the half square triangles, I got tired and wasn't sure how to do the layout. My husband chose this layout, which is one of my all time favorite ways to put half square triangles together, but it's a bit tedious to put together in rows. One needs space and the ability to keep it all in order as you sew. I guess I could have broken up the job differently by sewing in larger blocks, but anyway... It's done now. I'm pretty sure that I will put some borders on this quilt and then do the quilting myself. I'm contemplating actually having a go at free motion quilting the entire quilt. Aaackk! If I do, what design to chose??? I need something that it easy so I don't get too frustrated. Any ideas???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The layout...but I don't do machine quilting or free motion, so I'm not the person for your question. Love the colors also!

Jessica said...

I love the quilt, fabrics, and layout! my suggestion for easy free-motion quilting involves wavy lines, going in one direction, like here and here. (I was inspired by carolyn's quilt, so I tried it myself.) SOOO simple. just pull the quilt through and wiggle a bit as you do it. I think I used my walking foot..

Patty said...

I love your quilt. I agree with Jessica that the wavy line quilting would look good. What color gray fabric did you use? I really like how it sets off the rest of the neptune fabric.

One for a wish.. said...

What a great quilt - terrific layout! The grey sets it off wonderfully..

Total Pageviews