Friday, July 27, 2007

Amy Butler Chelsea Bag

Wow, I haven't posted in a little while... I've been having lots of fun being back in the States. We had our marriage celebration party on 7-7-07 and dh flew back home a little over a week ago. In the meantime, I have been busy visiting and enjoying summer. I went to my very first quilt workshop last weekend in Greyling with Pam Holland! Imagine coming over here to attend a workshop with a Australian quilt teacher! It was such a great experience, we had three days to design our own quilt. I will post some photos later. I learned so much and am so glad that I did this course even though I have been intimidated to attend an actual workshop.

Yesterday, I managed to get over another hurdle in my sewing career by making my first bag! Well, actually it is my first sewing pattern ever! This was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed working through each step of the project. It turns out to be quite a nice little bag. I've already given this one to my mom, but I plan on making a few more for practice. I found some Amy Butler Charm for half price at a local quilt shop. For me that is like having gold lying around and then selling it for half price!

4 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Cute bag. Can't wait to see what else you Post.

Anonymous said...

Hey nice bag but what about me?
When are you coming to Pinckney?
We are trying to plan a BBQ in your honor. Call me

Lynn said...

Yeah, we are patiently waiting here... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Samantha said...

Amy butler charm for half price? That's crazy!!! Lucky you :-)

Total Pageviews