Friday, May 4, 2007

Folklorique Continued

I finished all the four patches for the body of the quilt today and now I just need to rearrange and sew together what is there and then start on the borders. I am enjoying this project.

In other exciting news, I finally got my temporary residence for Australia and am now on the path to becoming an Australian! Yea! Lots of paperwork was involved and so it is a relief to have that behind me. Now I am allowed to work so I will be working on putting my plan forward to start a long arm quilting business from home. I really don't know what I am getting into, but I feel that if one is passionate about something the rest works itself out. Hmmm... Any advice out there, I would love if anyone who has had experience starting a long arm quilting business could give me some tips. Thanks!

2 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Your quilt is looking great!

One of the best things to do if you are looking to start a longarm quilting business is to check out some of the online resources. There are several Yahoo groups, plus a few websites. Send me an e-mail if you would like more information.

Anonymous said...

congrats and good luck getting the business going. what a dream! like the quilt layout, too. tempted by that pattern...

Total Pageviews