Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bee Blocks for Cherry

I got kind of excited when the talented Cherry decided on these blocks for her turn for November's Must Stash Bee.  The blocks are inspired by a Japanese craft book and you may have seen quilts made of these blocks popping up on Flickr and blogs lately.  These particular blocks are meant to be for a young boy so the colors and designs chosen were in keeping that in mind.

These were paper pieced and after making all the Geese in a Ring blocks last year, they went together very quickly for me.  I have now become a robot when it comes to paper piecing repetitive blocks. What was once a long process has definitely become easier with practice!  So, if you find paper piecing tedious and slow, keep working at it!  It definitely gets easier and is so worth it for the precision aspect! 

Don't be surprised if you find me making a quilt like this one soon.  I love love love this block and it is now high on my list of to do quilts. 

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

I love this block too! I don't think I have the pattern though but need to find it to try it out! Love the fabrics you used as usual!

Total Pageviews