Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stack of Quilts!

I have not posted lately mainly due to issues with my internet connection.  It has been slowing down  more and more over the last weeks (months really) and finally went completely dead last week.  A new modem has got it back up and running, but still it is running slow and dropping out on me.  Ugghh!  I love living in country Australia, but poor internet and bad service in general is not one of the reasons why!

On a positive note however, I stopped by at my local fabric store (not a big proper quilt store by any means) and after having done a free baby quilt for her to show as a sample in her shop, she had a stack of customer quilts for me ready to quilt!  I haven't even started really advertising yet, so this is fun!  It will also help pay for a huge thread order I made the other day as well...  I am really moving along with the long arm and it has been really exciting and fun to work on customer quilts.  I really get a thrill seeing what other people have made and working on their quilts!

And, if you have been following my blog for any length of time you'll know that I have had plenty (!) of quilt tops ready to be quilted in preparation for the arrival of the long arm.  Well, I am getting those gradually quilted as you can see in the photo above.  However, before I can show each one to you, they need to get bound--only two in that stack have been bound and finished.  Hopefully I will keep up!

5 comments:

Lara said...

What an amazing stack... More than happy to help you ;) looking forward to seeing more pictures!

pippablue said...

That is some stack! I hate it when internet plays up. Ireland is such a small country but believe it or not it is really hard to get broadband if you live in rural areas like us. Hope yours get sorted!

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that's quite the stack, go you! Hope the internet bucks its ideas up for you soon...

Marlene said...

That is an amazing stack - great accomplishment. It doesn't seem you need to advertise. Enjoy the next round of quilt tops.

Alli said...

How exciting to have so many new customers! I see an Echo quilt in there... :)

Total Pageviews