Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Denyse Schmidt Picnic and Fairground





The latest excitement in the world of Flickr has been the talk of the newest line of Denyse Schmidt fabric available only at Jo-ann Fabrics!  I have never been much for Jo-ann's in the past as most of their fabric is not quilter quality, but this newest line by Denyse Schmidt is definitely the exception.  Of course, I am here in Australia where there are no Jo-ann's but with the help of the online community, namely, Mamaspark, I was able to get some of each of this line!  She was very generous with her time and made great effort to prepare and send some of these beautiful fabrics to fellow online fabriholics.  I am so in love with this new line that arrived here today!  It is even better in person and the quality is amazing--so soft and as good as any you would find in the quilt shops.  Word on the street is that Denyse will have some new lines out with Jo-ann's this summer and fall and then a reprint of some of the Flea Market Fancy line with Free Spirit in January 2012!  Too exciting!    Now, to decide what I am going to create with these...

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

They are so wonderful aren't they! I can't wait to see what you come up with for these!

Ann-Maree said...

I read today that Spotlight is going to carry them.....the plot thickens..Here's the blurb via FB

..Word is out! Spotlight’s quilting customers will soon be able to choose from an exclusive offering of fabrics from celebrated American designer, Denyse Schmidt. We will report on the fabrics and give you some background info on Denyse (and a project!) in issue 3 of GET CREATIVE QUARTERLY (out early May) but there is already a lot of buzz out there on this topic. Twelve designs in two colourways will hit stores next month.This is an exclusive to Spotlight in Australia and 10 of the colourways are exclusive to Spotlight only!

The range is called Picnics and Fairground and is also supported by a McCall’s pattern.

Mama Spark said...

You are welcome!! I think I just put two and two together about who you are! DUH, I can be a little slow at times. Let me know if there is any additional ones you need as they will be restocking. I might need to rely on you to get some of the Aussie versions! Happy Quilting!!!

SkippityDoDahQuilts said...

I. Love. This. Stuff!! So glad you could get your hands on some! Feels like butter, doesn't it? :)

Happy Quilting!

www.skippitydodahquilts.blogspot.com

shelia said...

I would love to get some of the exclusive to your area. Can't wait to see what you make.

Total Pageviews