Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I've been working on these days....

I think I spoke too soon in the last post.  I thought the illnesses in our family were over, but after two rounds of antibiotics for the boys with all the joys of fever and screaming and waking up during the nights, we are back to where I said I was in the last post.  Hmmm...  Not getting much quilting done.  But I have been working on my lavender and orange quilt after seeing this post from Hyacinth Quilt Designs.
 http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/garden-fence.html
 I was inspired and have made 100 blocks.  A rather large quilt.  I have 97 of the blocks finished, just have to scrounge to find fabric for another 3 and then add the sashing and sew together.

I've also been working (slowly) on cutting charm squares for my Etsy and Ebay shops.  I have to have something quiet to do during naptime.  This photo shows my latest addition of the entire line called "From Little Things" by Sarah Fielke for the Lecien.  She is also the co-author of the Material Obsession books. This is her debut fabric line.  I love it and am happy to see some great fabric from an Australian!  Such cute fabric and wonderful colors.  If you want some you can check it out in my Etsy shop here

Tomorrow my dad, husband and the boys and I will be going to one of the local shows/country fairs which will have some quilts in it.  I'm excited to get out and see a bit--I hope the quilts are fun to view.  I will make sure to bring the camera!!!

1 comment:

Zegi said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better!

Total Pageviews