Monday, June 21, 2010

Neptune Quilt Top Finished

I managed to get the borders on my Tula Pink Neptune quilt last night. I'm very happy with the borders on this quilt. The outside border is my favorite print from the line and I was very lucky to find some of it at my lqs. The winter light here isn't doing this photo any justice, but not much I can do about it. Maybe when we finally move downstairs I will have more light and space to work with. I know it's sort of picture frame-ish the way I often put borders on quilts and probably not very modern, but sometimes it's just part of my style. A little bit traditional, but also interested in modern style too. I think this quilt turned out much much bigger than I originally planned. I think it's about 85inches square. It was made from 1 layer cake and about 2 yards border fabrics. I am not sure what the name of the solid I used is, but I am quite sure it is a Moda Bella solid--very close in color to the Kona stone. I don't have a Bella card, but I do have a Kona card... I hope to quilt this one soon!

No comments:

Total Pageviews