Monday, June 15, 2009

Urban Chicks 1974

Sorry for the dark picture, it's so difficult to get a good quilt photo in the winter months. I thought I would show you what I have been working on with the moda 1974 line by Urban Chicks. I used a free pattern from the moda site meant for Tula Pink's Nest fabric, but I thought this would look better in this layout. I debated for a long time which fabric I would use on all the corners and ended up deciding on Kona Snow since that is what I had. Wow, I'm glad I did now, I think it is the perfect fabric to let the eyes rest and to brighten up the blocks as well. I'm missing one block--don't cut fabric and talk on the phone at the same time, unless you can afford to make a mistake! When I get the backing fabric, I'll finish the last block and add a border as well...

3 comments:

wendyD said...

It looks lovely....

Vanessa said...

This is just breathtaking, the fabrics are lovely and the design beautiful. Your blocks are just perfect!

Andrea said...

Hi! You sure do have one cute baby there! I can empathise with you to some degree because my little one is just two weeks younder than yours and not much sewing has gone on in this house since he came along either!
Andjxx

Total Pageviews