Friday, November 7, 2008

Nigella Pillows Finally Finished



These pillows have been a project in the works for a long time now. I originally wanted to stuff them all with wool from the farm and started with three last year. I sewing those closed and we've been using them all year. It took me forever to wash the wool and fluff it out and in the end the pillows went hard and felted all together inside. So, last week I bought some fiber fill and took out the old wool and restuffed all the forms, plus finished the other five. I remade the covers and thanks to my new snap press, I was able to put snaps in so that I can take the covers off and wash them! Ooohhh, I love my snap press even though it took me almost an hour to figure out how to put in the metal snaps. I also like that now that I know how to do this, I can always make new covers when I get bored of Nigella and want to look at something different. I'm not sure that I would have ever been able to figure out how to put in zippers and make it look professional enough. Snaps are good.

No comments:

Total Pageviews