Friday, April 18, 2008

Climbing Jacob's Ladder Twice

I'm still waiting for the rest of my scrappy dots fabric to appear in the mail, so in the meantime I've been playing with this collection called Climbing Jacob's Ladder by Moda. And what else should I do with it other than to make a Jacob's Ladder quilt? Hmmm... I'm pretty sure this is a quilt only the creator (me) will love. The Australian quilt police (my Tuesday quilt group ladies) will tell me that there isn't enough contrast. Blah, blah, blah. Really, does everything have to be light and dark? Who makes these rules anyway? Can't we just explore and do what we like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud! I've noticed a certain "type" of woman works at quilt fabric stores -- not shy with their opinions!

Kay said...

Looks like plenty of contrast to me!

Floss said...

Only one person needs to like it. As I typed this I realized it’s not true, I have made quilts that I didn't like, but I still had fun making them, so I think that is what counts.

Zegi said...

I think the contrast level is fine, too. If you like it then it turned out just right.

Rhonda said...

I'm making a Jacob's Ladder and was happy to see your idea. I will post a pic. soon.

Total Pageviews