Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chestnut Hill Trees


I have been doing little sewing and lots of surfing since I've had this neuralgia pain this last month, but the pain is starting to dull out some and I have been able to sleep a bit more. I was working on a complicated quilt which I will post photos of in future, but I realized last night that it was requiring way too much concentration for the moment. I need something easy to occupy me and drown out the pain.

Yesterday, I suddenly got inspiration of what to do with the rest of my Chestnut Hill fabrics by Joel Dewberry. It came to me while I was surfing around and was watching the free episode of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Ricky was showing how to make flying geese units with just one seam and there you go, I was inspired! The technique uses up more fabric than needs be, but it does create a three dimensional effect and I do have enough fabric of this line to make my usual queen size quilt. I will sash each unit and lay them out to look like trees. Cool, eh? I do recommend watching free quilting tv to anyone who hasn't tried it out yet on Quilter's TV! They have some good shows on there.

No comments:

Total Pageviews