Monday, December 10, 2007

Cherries!


We've been having lots of great weather lately so I've been spending a lot of time in the garden. I have a lot of seedlings that I have been nursing along and dh has been busy building me two little garden plots in front of our house. We also have a large garden plot at the farmhouse that we keep up and I also have the space along the river that I will use to plant melons, pumpkins, squashes and zucchini this year. We try to live as self sufficiently as possible, so there is a lot of work put into gardening and preserving.

Last night our neighbor brought over our order of the first crop of cherries from his orchard, which are all organic. Here I am busy pipping and canning them until very late last night. And this is only the first lot! We will get the dark fleshed cherries in another two weeks or so.

Saturday dh needed me to drive the tractor while we were laying water pipes. That was my first time driving the tractor, which surprisingly was not as difficult as I thought it would be, but I am still a little rough with it. Now he wants to finish the job today. As I was driving on Saturday I kept wondering if I would have ever been able to predict that this would be what I would be doing one day. It's just all so surreal sometimes to be living on the other side of the world and for this city born girl to be driving a tractor?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading through your blog. You are a prolific sewer !! Love the fabrics and designs.

Total Pageviews