Sunday, September 30, 2007

Amy Butler Lotus Quilt


I've been busy the last few days, but I managed to put together this quilt using fabrics from Amy Butler's Lotus line. Should I admit now that I got this as a kit? I should feel guilty, but I don't, I just wanted to work with these fabrics and I saw that The Fabric Bolt on ebay was selling 1/3 yard cuts as a kit. It was a fun little project and great that there were no matching seams! I like that! Anyway, it's another quilt to put aside until I get my longarm, whenever that may be...

I took one of my bags to tennis this week and got three orders to make custom ones for friends (at a price)! Maybe I am in business, who knows? Anyway, I've ordered the fabrics and can't wait to get started...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt!

Great news about the bags. It certainly could be a little side business, couldn't it?

Laurie Ann said...

Great little quilt! Those fabrics are indeed awesome.

I'll have to get on the bag bandwagon one of these days.

Mama Spark said...

It is just lovely! You should be so proud. Why wait for the longhar. Just send it off to your favorite longarmer and voila, you'll have a quilt!

Samantha said...

Good luck with the bags! And what a fun top, too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt with stunning fabric. I wouldn't feel at all bad that it was a kit.

Joanna said...

Sometimes kits are the best thing ever! And the bags - wow exciting news. I knew they were gorgeous!!

Lynn said...

YAY!!! You got a couple of orders. I love those bags, very nice colors.

Total Pageviews