Thursday, August 23, 2007

Retro Apron Finished

So, I saw this lovely Michael Miller fabric in the LQS the other day and couldn't resist making it into an apron. I've never sewed an apron before, but they had this one in the quilt shop so I thought I would have a go at it. It was fun to make, but the directions were terrible, at least for a beginner sewer like me. I sort of just had to figure it out on my own, which wasn't too bad, but the ties aren't as "finished" looking as I would have liked. I am glad I sewed a couple of Amy Butler patterns first, so that I know good directions do exist out there. I think if I had just bought this pattern as a first time sewing project, I would have given up on using sewing patterns. I would have felt like you're better off saving your money and making it up as you go along.

Today is my last full day in the States. I did most of my packing on Sunday, but I have a few last minute things to do before I get on that plane tomorrow night. It's always sad to be leaving one place for another, but being home again will be wonderful.

3 comments:

corry said...

pretty apron, I love the fabric you used!

Andrea said...

That fabric was just crying out to be made into an apron - you did a great job ! Safe journey home !

Lucy B said...

Hi Heidi

I am the lady you sat with on the HNLto SYD flight.

Love what you are doing.

Please contact me about the quilt shows and Royal Easter Show.
Cheers,
Donna

Total Pageviews