Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New Project and a House Guest


Here are the fabrics for my newest project. Maybe you recognize these, they are Peas & Carrots by Moda. This is my first time using fabrics of this style. I don't know, would you say these were 30's fabrics or later than that? I feel that as a new quilter I want to explore a range of styles and fabrics so that through working with them I learn to know what I like.

Anyway, I have started a couple of blocks today and I will show you the progress tomorrow. I plan to make this a twin size so hopefully I will be able to finish it before I leave...

Do you like our house guest? He decided to come inside for a visit, but it was cut short as soon as he made himself known. He was hanging in the middle of the hallway making it difficult for me to pass by...

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I do not classify those as 30's... (I call that "mod" - I am probably WRONG)

Z&S is not tooo far from me... I usually go up about once a year to shop there & a few other similar shops.

Lisa D. said...

I love that fabric line - I can't wait to see your project. I'm trying to decide what I want to make with mine.

Ewww - that spider is seriously CREEPY!

Unknown said...

Love your fabrics, I have no idea what era they are, but they sure are cute.
Have you got used to all the creepy crawlies in Oz yet? My house used to be home to many huntsman spiders until I found them, and the snakes, my gosh always had to check before stepping outdoors.

Anonymous said...

that fabric is sooo cute
can`t say the same for your house guest sorry I HATE spiders.
cant wait to see what you do with your fabric
Beth

Avalon Acres Farm said...

I'm not sure if those are 30's--some of them look completely 30's but the larger flower prints don't. Needless to say, they are adorable! I found 2 houseguests like that today--not as big but just as creepy, LOL! Your quilts are beautiful!!

Jenni said...

I really like the fabric line you are using too. I find that over time I have come to love fabrics and types of quilts that I never thought I would. There is so much out there to try.

Suzanne Earley said...

oh creepy.....yuck.......

Patti said...

I love these fabrics. Seems like there are a lot of prints like this coming out these days. The are definitely not 30's. More late 40's and 50's retro. There are a lot of bloggers these days who decorate this way. There really seems to be a resurgence of stuff from this era - particularly kitchen stuff, like embroidered days of the week dish towels.

Joanna said...

So I gotta tell you - I live in NH, am originally from NZ, but before coming to the US I lived in Oz for a couple of years - we are complete reversals of each other - I left Oz and married an American, you left America and married an Aussie lol!

Now that spider - if anyone here saw anything like that in their house they would just die. Well, at least faint. But as you well know by now, it's just an everyday occurance over there lol!

Total Pageviews