Friday, March 2, 2007

Little Bricks Quilt


Here is a quilt that I am working on lately that was inspired by Kaffe Fassett's, "Little Bricks Quilt"(second picture) in his first book called Patchwork. My version of the quilt is the first picture, which I started after being inspired by fabrics from my quilting group that meets every week. The ladies in my quilting group are traditional quilters who use up old scraps from clothing and do all their own hand quilting. As we were sorting through donated fabrics, the shirting fabrics reminded me of this Kaffe Fassett quilt. Of course everyone was happy for me to work on reducing the community "stash", so I was given quite a bit to work with. Normally I like only 100% cotton fabrics, but I thought I might try something different to see what the experience would be like. If all goes well, I think this might make a nice boy quilt. We'll see...

1 comment:

Samantha said...

It looks great! Wonderful Kaffe interpretation!

Total Pageviews