Monday, December 4, 2006

Succulent Garden


Today my mother-in-law, Myra, helped me pot some succulents and cacti from her garden into the pots I just got back from firing at pottery. Here is a picture of them outside on our deck. I started doing pottery at about the same time I started quilting. Since I've come to Australia I've joined the local pottery guild and decided to make plant pots as a start. I figure plant pots are an easy thing to make as no one looks too closely at them. When I get better I will move on to other things, but in the meantime I will work on building up our garden! I love working on the wheel and the many steps it takes to finish a piece of pottery. In a way it is a lot like quilting, except that your hands start to dry out when you do too much!

No comments:

Total Pageviews