Thursday, July 3, 2014

New York Beauty Circle of Flying Geese

I haven't stopped sewing around here, in fact I have had quite a number of finishes lately that I'm just waiting for an opportunity to take some photographs. 

In the meantime I have finished this little mini, a New York Beauty Circle of Flying Geese.  You can find the pattern by Better off Thread here.  I had a lot of fun with this pattern, I used up the tiniest bits of scraps of Liberty that I had leftover from cutting hexies for another project and combined it with the Melange Yarn Dye fabric that I got from here.  The Melange is beautiful to work with as it has the look of linen but is 100% cotton and sews beautifully without the fraying that occurs with linen.  I adapted this pattern by appliqueing the centers instead of the four separate pieces. 

Originally I had wanted to make this into a cushion cover as I've been told I make all of my projects too big and that it is ok if I do a few smaller ones once in a while.  So, what happens? I try to make a small cushion cover and even that ends up too big!  I have to laugh.  Oh well.  I hope to quilt this this afternoon once I decide how I will do it.  This could be a bit of a challenge for me.  

11 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

That is stunning!!! xo

cat and vee xoxo said...

It's so gorgeous Jeannette, I just love it! Gorgeous fabric choices. The Melange is so lovely to sew with, I think I need some more!

Ann said...

Very nice. And what fun to use up little scraps.

Schulz Family said...

This is amazing. I want to make one!!! Will follow your links

Chris said...

Hi Jeanette. How lovely to see you back. I was getting worried.

Rosa said...

This is just fantastic!

محمد على said...


شركة ركن كلين للخدمات المنزلية
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض







مجدى said...



شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض

Niveeta Office Interiors said...

If you are looking for Office Glass Partition

JOJO said...

If you are looking for Office Furniture Suppliers Delhi

niveeta_blog_team said...

If you are looking for Interior Designers Delhi

Total Pageviews