I finally started it this weekend as I struggle keeping to schedules. I also decided to jump ahead so that I can write a tutorial for you for an alternative way to make the Flying Geese triangles. Stay tuned for that!
I tried a new to me method for making the star center in that I used freezer paper to make the templates and sewed the pieces together in pairs, but to be honest, I wasn't impressed with my work. The method was precise than I would have liked, which I found irritating. There were just too many variables that made the measurements get out of whack. That, together with dealing with biases and y-seams made it less enjoyable. If I decide to make another one, I will try Penny's tutorial on foundation piecing that you can find here.
For my color choices, I decided to use the first border print as an inspiration for the quilt. I've had that fabric sitting in my stash for ages and have never quite had the right project for it. Since it is a favorite fabric, I decided to chose my fabrics with that fabric as a loose guide. I haven't chosen all the fabrics yet, I'm working it out as I go along. This will be a real experiment for me as I've never yet made a Medallion quilt! So, let's all Marcelle Medallion Along! #mmqal