As I sit here typing, I'm waiting (as per usual) for my husband to get back from the farm so that we can take my dad and the kids to a local fair for the day. I thought I would quickly post this photo of the quilting I did on this last night. I originally had visions of custom quilting this and doing all sorts of fun things with it, but alas I decided the piecing was not quite up to that level. This is the first time I've attempted this sort of paper piecing project and I learned a lot in the process, but I still need some work with my skills in this department.
I quilted this in an Argyle pattern as when I was choosing the wallpaper background prints I really wanted to choose that sort of a print, but because of the nature of paper piecing, it would not have looked very good. So, instead I decided it would make a nice all over even texture to the quilt/wall hanging. I have yet to decide the binding print. Anyway, I think it will do its job of brightening up our kitchen.