Thursday, October 18, 2012

Low Volume Quilt Finish












I actually only started this quilt the other day.  I had an overwhelming urge to cut up some fabrics to make a log cabin quilt.  I intended to make it blues on one side and low volume fabrics on the other.  I cut up all the low volume fabrics and then a few blues and decided I'd better make a test block first.  It just did not speak to me at all!  In the past I have loved the look of the log cabin block, but it just looked so old and flat to me that I chucked the log cabin idea.  So, with all the 1.5 inch strips I had already cut, this low volume quilt was born!

I actually really love this quilt!  I custom quilted this with an Anne Bright pattern that came out in August.  I love looking at this quilt as all the text fabrics pop out at you since you are not distracted with too much color going on...  

10 comments:

Jeannette said...

Fabulous!!!! Woman you are making us others feel like slugs with how fast you pop out all the wonderful quilts you do! I know I always say I like this quilt, ya da ya da....but this is one of my favorites for sure. I have been eyeing low volume quilts lately and this one of my favorites!

Mama Spark said...

I love this! Did you use Pez for the binding? What is the Ann Bright pattern called? I would love to get that one!!

DianeY said...

Love this. I think it's the first low volume quilt I've seen that I can honestly say the about. Love that you have enough little pops of color in there to keep it interesting

Annie said...

A beautiful quilt, Jeannette! The "colorful" low volumne is awesome. And I too love the way the text strips pop out yet don't try to take control. It all blends quite well. Well done!

Tamie said...

I love this- low volume with the pop of the texts and a bit of color.

Schulz Family said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Have to get into my low volume quilt!!

simplestitches said...

love it!

Sharon said...

What a fabulous quilt! Love all the scraps

Mary said...

A very beautiful quilt! Congratulations!

B. Diederich said...

I've had this quilt in my head for days and nights--I love it so much! Finally, I went and got several text prints and some random low-volume fabrics and will soon start my own, but it will never compare to this beauty! Thank you for the inspiration. B

Total Pageviews