Wednesday, September 26, 2012
An Authentic Finish
Anyway, this was a design I came up with, it's applique on applique. I sewed circles onto the newsprint fabrics using vliesofix and a tiny blanket stitch around the circle. Then I chopped it in half twice and sewed the 4 patch blocks. Once those were together I added another layer of circles using the vliesofix and blanket stitch yet again. In the end, it made quite a thick layer in the middle of each block. If I did it again, I would cut the backs out of each one to reduce the bulk, but it really isn't too thick regardless. My Gammill sews through the layers without any issues so all is good!