Saturday, February 18, 2012

Zipper!

Oh, so I have been so in a slump with the whole paper piecing thing lately.  I've been late this last month getting my block for my Piece Bee With You bee.  I just have not been able to draft a block for the life of me.  I decided yesterday that the best way to attack this is to do some paper piecing following a pattern.  So I decided I would have a stab at the Sew Aloud Quilt Along that is happening right now!  I was very very impressed with the design of this first block and am looking forward to more to follow--especially if they are as good as this one!  Have a look at the group and check out all the blocks that have been made so far.  I don't think I will be drafting any blocks for the contest (even if it is going to be judged by Suzuko Koseki).  I don't think I have the head space for it--at least not right now. 

In making this block, I kept seeing about a million things I could change or make better if I just went slower and fixed each and every bit.  I did slow down a lot (for me) as it was to try and get it together as best I could.  I need to learn more patience, persistence and determination...

4 comments:

Annie said...

I love your block and the fabrics you used. I love so many of the "Zipper" blocks that have been created in this quilt-a-long. Very inspiring in deed!

Katy Cameron said...

Looks great. I was intending to sew along with this, but just haven't had time (after another couple of paper piecing projects kind of side swiped me!)

Marla said...

Máš nádherné práce a blog veľmi rada ho navštevujem.Zoznámila som sa tu zo zemou o ktorej človek len počuje ale nevidí.Držím palce k ďalšej tvorbe.

carolyndawn said...

My goodness. What great eye candy and inspiration. Your paper piecing - love the kettle - love it all. Do you make up your own patterns or can you direct me to where you obtained them from. Thanks for brightening up my day
Dawn

Total Pageviews