Friday, October 14, 2011

Wall Hanging for Sewing Room Finished

Sewing room you ask?  Yes, this is actually the sewing room.  You can't see the sewing area from this picture, but one day soon I will post pictures of the whole room.  My long arm (arriving November 8th!!) will be sitting somewhere where I am standing to take this photo, so I wanted to fill up some of the bareness of this room with this wall hanging as I will be looking in this direction often.  It really does look better in person, it was hard to take a photo of it in this dark area.  I also finally figured out how to make a faced binding (no border) using this tutorial here, which was excellent.  I decided to quilt this quilt simply with vertical straight lines.  Plus, I'd like  to add a thank you to my sister-in-law and mother-in-law for letting us "borrow" your furniture for a little while...

4 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

Very pretty quilt, and room. Good luck with your longarm. Hugs

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, that looks fab! Have fun with your new toy when it arrives :o)

Alli said...

Your art quilt goes wonderfully in your room. :)

Yay for your longarm being on its way!

susiloci said...

Un trabajo maravilloso!!!!

Total Pageviews