Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The World's Luckiest Swap Recipient!

Ok, so today my package arrived from my secret partner (Uberstitch -- Pam) for The Love of Solids Swap.  I have to admit that since I was so specific about my tastes and desires for this swap that once I saw the picture from Pam I suspected, hoped, crossed all my fingers at once and stalked the post box looking out for it!  I kept going back to Flickr checking her photo, showing my husband and so wanting it to be mine.  I knew from the first second I saw the photo that I would hang it in this particular spot in my kitchen if the size was right.  You see, I've been searching and searching for a piece of artwork to put into this spot in my kitchen since we moved in 5 years ago, but nothing seemed right.  I had a calendar here (up until today) but that was always a temporary plan.  I just had to post lots of pictures to show how perfectly it fits into my house!  I love it so so much and it will be seen and admired every day as this is the busiest area of our house.  I feel very lucky to have had such an artistic partner that not only is creative but can execute perfection in her work.  It is truly a stunning piece that has to be seen in person to know its true worth.  So, Pam, if you are reading this, thank you!!!  In addition she sent an amazingly beautiful needle book that is very much needed and will be used.  She also included some beautiful Denyse Schmidt fabric as an extra (I forgot to include a picture) and this lovely card which I love for its inspirational quote from George Elliot.  I truly am the luckiest swap recipient!

6 comments:

DianeY said...

It is beautiful! But frankly, I would have been more excited to receive your beautiful table runner! And I don't even particularly like table runners, so that's a real compliment!

Debbie said...

How fun that you 'knew' it was for you! Congrats! Glad you got something you really love & it looks great on your wall!

One for a wish.. said...

That is so great! Lucky you! It looks terrific next to your kitchen.
Don't you love it when a swap works out?!

Anonymous said...

wowza, you are LUCKY. i am really jealous! also, how in the world did you hang that quilt so straight and get it to hang so well? i am impressed!

Joanna said...

No way - you got that quilt?!! You are indeed the luckiest swap recipient! After reading about the swap on your blog I went and looked at the Flickr group and this was the one quilt I fell in love with - I even pinned it on Pinterest. You lucky lucky thing!!! It looks fantastic on your wall!!

Becca said...

It has Finnish flags! If you ever get tired of it you can just send it along to me. :) Very nice!

Total Pageviews