Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Wonderful Birthday!!!


I ended up having a really great birthday yesterday.  The weather was really nice and we ended up playing about 10 games of table tennis on our deck.  We have a visitor staying with us for the past month, so he had a few games as well...  I won't tell you who won the games because that would be bragging ;)  I also had about an hour and a half to sew in which I was able to finish the Wonky blocks as far as I was able to without the Kona Snow that I am still waiting on being delivered.  Our mail has been particularly slow lately from the States, so there is a lot that I am waiting on this past month.  I plan to make double the amount of blocks for a 6 X 7 layout with Kona Snow in between each one.  Ha, every time I plan a quilt I think to myself, "oh, I'll just do a small one"  and then it builds and builds until I end up with a Queen or King sized quilt!  No wonder I want to have a long arm business!  It sort of parallels the way I am throughout my life.  I can just do something small, I always make big plans and then go bigger.  Seriously, I need to learn to take smaller bites sometimes. 

We also had some beautiful meals yesterday.  My husband and I are real foodies and we spend a lot of our time in the kitchen.  We cook every meal (there is no where to go for take out around here) and a lot of it is from scratch.  I often make my own pasta, bread, cakes, etc. It means our kitchen is always on the run with dirty dishes being washed or something in the process of being made.  Yesterday, we had our traditional birthday devil's food cake which has amazing powers of pacifying any man.  If you need a man pacifying cake, let me know and I can send you the recipe!  Anyway, it made for a wonderful day, to be able to spend it together with my sweet man and two little ones:)

3 comments:

cherie godbey said...

Would love a Devil's Food Cake recipe! Can it be made into cupcakes? My sister and kids could use some pacifying...would it work on them too??! :)

Mama Spark said...

I think you should post the recipe!! Really, who wouldn't want it?? Happy birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad it was a good one!

Total Pageviews