Friday, April 29, 2011

Wonky Picnic and Fairgrounds Quilt Blocks



So, I did say that I would try and blog more about the little steps I do in the process of quilting.  This is where I am at at the moment.  I couldn't resist cutting into my Denyse Schmidt Picnic and Fairgrounds fabrics.  I just sort of randomly decided at the last moment to do a small wonky quilt.  At first I meant only to make it with two different fabrics per block, but it didn't look right so I added one more which I think adds interest.  So far these blocks measure 12 inches and I intend to yet add some more Kona Snow to frame each block.  Unfortunately I used every last scrap of Kona Snow that I had and am waiting for more to arrive that I ordered about a month ago.  I will try and see how far I can get with this quilt this weekend...  Tomorrow is my birthday and I am planning to host a giveaway in celebration so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Love them!! I knew once you decided it would be perfect!! I can't wait to see it finished. I might be a copycat, he he. Great choice for the line.

Kirsty said...

These are great! I really like the perfectly square middle with its square sashing and then the contrast with the wonky sashing. I'm a quilt newbie so would you mind blogging the measurements of each layer? I'd love to try and replicate.

Jen B said...

This quilt is going to look fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oooh! What pretty blocks. I especially like the blue one.

Total Pageviews