Thursday, April 21, 2011

Authentic Quilt Top


I finally pulled out my Authentic fabrics by Sweetwater a couple weeks ago.  I started this quilt a long time ago but put it away for whatever reason.  Recently there has been a popularity in the Flickr community over the newspaper print.  When I originally bought this fabric I was absolutely in love with those newspaper prints and couldn't understand why other people weren't buying it up.  Now, of course that it is out of print, everyone wants it!  This quilt is huge!  It's at least a King sized quilt so it will be a big job for me to quilt on my domestic machine.   I think I will just stipple it the best that I can.  The design is my own, I spent a few days playing around with circles and this is what I came up with!

4 comments:

Molly said...

I love it! The circles are so perfect. I just just snuggle up and read it all night!

Kirsty said...

William Morris said never have anything in your house that was not beautiful or practical. I think this quilt is amazing! Great to look at and it gives you something to read as well. Genius! Very impressed with your piecing. I'm not quite ready to tackle curves. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

What an amazing quilt! I love it!

Jeannette said...

Yes I totally missed this line, huh? Your quilt is awesome as usual!

Total Pageviews