Monday, January 3, 2011
First Quilt Finish of the New Year
1. I would like to start using solids in my work a lot more.
2. I want to check out Jean Wells newest book and have a go at creating an artistic quilt, I especially am interested in quilting in different color threads.
3. I want to try doing some more applique in my quilts---like in my Birds of a Feather quilt...
4. I plan to do a lot more free motion quilting in the next year.
5. And now that I am more confident in free motion quilting I plan to finish many many more of my quilt tops over the next year.
Yes, this is what I am saying so far. We'll see how the year progresses. I also plan on blogging a bit more than I have done over the last few years and will post more about my life and thoughts in general as well as more about my creative process. I find that I have been somewhat reserved in my blog posting, not sharing as much as I would like to, but I will try to break out of my shell a bit more in 2011. Ha! We will see what happens with that!
Pictured above is my first quilt finish of the New Year. I finished sewing the binding down yesterday so I will count this one towards 2011! The fabrics are by Paula Prass called Woodland Delight and the pattern (New Wave) is by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Franson. Happy New Year Everyone:)