Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cobwebs and Cobblestones Quilt





I've been quite busy this Christmas season, but still I'm managing to get a little bit of quilting in to keep progressing along.  These are some photos of my latest finish that I've named Cobwebs and Cobblestones because of the quilting pattern I decided to do on this quilt.  The fabrics are by Lizzy House called Castle Peeps.  They are such fun fabrics!  Nothing traditional about this quilt!  I started this quilt before Oliver was born and just finished yesterday.  I'm not sure what inspired me to quilt the spiderwebs over the octagons other than the idea that castles remind me of things long ago and the pebble quilting is meant to resemble the cobblestones of Europe--which reminds me of castles.  Make sense?  Hmmmm....  If you like this pattern, it was a free one by Tula Pink for her Nest line.  It's quite an easy one to do as well.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Beautiful Jeannette! I love the quilting & the castle peeps go right on with the design, very cool. Nice pattern too, but it looks complicated. A fun quilt for boys for sure.

Christina said...

Your quilting is so fun too!

Total Pageviews