Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Progress on the Flea Market Fancy Quilt


I been busy working on adding the sashing to my Flea Market Fancy quilt today. I think the black really makes the fabric pop, although I debated and debated for a long time whether the black was "too much" or not. Anyway, my husband says he likes it. Here in the picture I have it sewn into rows, but I still need to sew the rows together. My question is whether or not I should add an outer border to the quilt? Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome...

3 comments:

Jojo's circus said...

Hi, it's just a suggestion ..............is it white that you have around the edges of your block or different pale solids?? If it's white consider a 2-3" white border and then a black binding?.......it may that on a 3d illusion and make all that fab piecing stand out! Im so envious of your wonderful skills thanks so much for posting

Abby and Stephanie said...

I say yes to an outer border. Not exactly sure what but something that won't detract from your blocks.

Andee said...

I love it! I have some of this fabric I am trying to figure out what to do with and I love what you did!

Total Pageviews