Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sewing With Rouenneries



So, I thought I would post a picture of what I am doing with my Rouenneries fabric. This gives you somewhat of an idea of what I am doing with it. Another octogon quilt, my third one so far. This is why I felt so compelled to finish the Chocolate Lollipop quilt a few weeks ago because I intended to make the same quilt out of Rouenneries and felt that I could not have one of the same design still hanging around to be done. I am loving how the woven Rouenneries accentuate the patterned fabrics so well. This is also something I haven't really done in the past--mix fabrics that are not all cotton together. Since I am feeling like a "grown up" quilter now, I think I can mix linen and cotton together as well as different weights and textures. I hope I don't regret the decision...

1 comment:

wishes, true and kind said...

I love what you are doing with the Rouenneries! Keep it up!

joan

Total Pageviews