Saturday, August 8, 2009
Swell and Sweet
It's been a while since I've posted, but mainly because I just feel too tired all the time. Alexander is doing great, but he does still get me up during the night about 5 times and is pretty high maintenance all day long as well. We were concerned about his weight there for a while, but I really do think that he is fine. He's just so active--really--he moves all day long from morning to night and has just started crawling last week. Not far yet, but he's on the move. He really is such a sweet dear little man, but also highly energetic, curious, aware and easily frustrated! Nearly everyone that has met him has mentioned that I am basically "in for it" once he gets more mobile. He still has continual problems with his skin, mostly eczema, which I try to keep on top of, but is difficult as well. I think that is why he has formed a pattern of waking up so much during the night.
As far as quilting goes, I try to do a little when I can for my own sanity. Sometimes I only get a few minutes a day, but those few minutes are precious and help me get through to the next day. I just finished most of this quilt I have shown here on the ironing board. There is no way I could take a picture of the whole quilt layed out since it is already 100 inches squared and there is yet a final border to go around it as well! Back when Swell by Urban Chiks came out, I bought a fat quarter bundle with the intention of doing a pinwheel only quilt out of the fabrics. Well, I didn't get to it right away and I am glad that I didn't because in the interim period Urban Chiks came out with the sister line Sweet, which I love even more than Swell so I combined the two bundles to make one huge pin wheel quilt. I have been working on this quilt for months and months and am so pleased that I am nearly finished with the top now. I wasn't in love with it as I was working on it either. I felt that there was too much white space with it being 50% Kona Snow, but as soon as I put the red border on it, I fell in love. Go figure. Just shows that so much can change during the design process. Now, I am going to go back and try to get my 1974 quilt top finished as well!